NX Academic Edition
Learning mechanical engineering using industry-leading software
Hands-on experience with NX™ software from Siemens PLM Software is the perfect way to bring the industry’s most complete product development environment into the educational process.
NX provides high-performance,
integrated solutions for design, simulation and manufacturing including all the core design, simulation and manufacturing functionality your engineering curriculum demands – using the same methods and capabilities employed by engineering professionals all over
What is included
NX helps educators focus on teaching the principles of design and engineering, supported by easy-to-learn and use CAD/CAM/CAE technology. In today’s competitive job market, learning to use NX will give your students career advantages as they learn part, sheet metal and assembly design in the context of the product development
Your students will model products in
3D and learn industry standards for presenting views, dimensions and annotations. NX provides engineering analysis training with simulation tools that enables students to investigate more design options and arrive at better answers to product development challenges. They will also learn machine tool programming to gain insight into how products are manufactured – all using a single integrated software solution.
NX can include loan licenses for
students to use at home for completing
assignments and continued learning.
Students will be better prepared to enter the job market knowing not just software skills, but having insight into the entire product development process.
Student design contest
Institutions and students can submit
designs created in NX and achieve
NX Academic Edition
Your students will be able to develop engineering skills while using advanced technologies including
• Sophisticated freeform shape modeling, surface continuity, analysis and
• Comprehensive 3D design ability
including wire-frame, surface, solid and synchronous modeling
• Create rendered images with breakthrough quality and accuracy
• Knowledge capture and automation tools
• Linear and nonlinear structural analysis
• Durability/fatigue analysis
• Thermal and flow analysis
• Motion analysis
• 2 1/2-, 3- and 5-axis milling
• Wire EDM
• Feature-based machining
• NC simulation
Who it is for
NX Academic Edition is available to accredited academic institutions such as universities, technical colleges, trade schools and high schools. The software is intended for classroom training and research projects only. Academic institutions are licensed to install NX on as many computers as needed.
In the event your institution can’t yet
adopt the NX Academic Edition, Siemens PLM Software also offers the NX Learning Edition which delivers a single user version of NX.
Added value for our academic partners
Siemens PLM Software’s goal is to establish a long-term relationship with our academic partners. This Academic Edition comes with the same level of support and updates that our commercial customers receive. Plus, academic institutions will be supported by
• Instructor material via an extensive list of tutorials provided online at http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/about_us/goplm/arc/nx-academic/index.shtml
• Access an online library with more than 1,000 courses for less than the cost of one textbook• Strategic partnerships and competitions through the support of such programs as EcoCAR; Siemens PLM Software brings together corporate support for students and the community
• User groups and academic special interest groups supported and hosted by Siemens PLM Software
• Partner programs with third-party
analysis and manufacturing tools that
are integrated with NX