BENTLEY Academic Programs
Supporting the Academic Community :
Through the Bentley Institute, you can take advantage of a variety of tools and resources in the Academic Program. We are committed to help prepare students for tomorrow’s infrastructure workforce, so you can learn the same powerful applications that are in use by infrastructure professionals today. The STUDENTserver provides you with a variety of academic resources. Register today and gain access to free software licenses, online learning, community forums, and more. We are committed to help you succeed.
Ready to get started?
- If you are an educator, contact Bentley for an Academic SELECT Subscription so that you can take full advantage of the resources both in your classrooms and on the STUDENTserver.
- If you are a student, request your School Code from your professor or academic advisor.
- Log in to the Bentley STUDENTserver and download software within minutes. Choose from the wide range of applications included in the Academic SELECT Software Portfolio.
- If you don’t have a code available, contact us and we will respond as soon as possible to get you connected.
Products Included in Academic SELECT Software Portfolio
The Academic SELECT Subscription provides academic institutions with a comprehensive portfolio of more than 50 applications from Bentley, the world’s leading company dedicated to providing software solutions for sustaining infrastructure. The Academic SELECT Subscription enables educators to give their students hands-on experience with the same software used by infrastructure professionals worldwide, providing them with an important competitive edge when it’s time for them to explore job opportunities.
Students can quickly become job-ready by using the same software industry professionals use. The Academic SELECT Subscription provides universities with access to comprehensive portfolio of more than 50 applications across the architecture, engineering, construction, and operations (AECO) disciplines. For more information, please contact the Academic team.
** Denotes products not available for personal-use subscriptions for faculty and students at subscribing schools.
Below you will find a short description on the products offered under the Academic Perpetual Offering. Click on the product to be taken to its website.
3D CAD Design and Modeling
MicroStation provides the power and flexibility to model, document, draft, and map projects of virtually any type and size. It also supports an unmatched portfolio of interoperable professional-grade, discipline-specific applications from Bentley and other software vendors.
- MicroStation PowerDraft – MicroStation PowerDraft is the premier application for the production of all types of project documentation for engineers, architects, geospatial professionals, constructors and owners who need to document, detail and map infrastructure projects.
- MicroStation – MicroStation V8i is the CAD Software used by engineers, architects, GIS professionals, constructors, and owner operators to design, model, visualize, document, map, and sustain infrastructure projects. MicroStation is their preferred CAD software foundation because it delivers an integrated and proven suite of intuitive, interactive, and highly interoperable capabilities to the desktop
Building Information Modeling
Delivering high-performance buildings, small and large, on schedule, on budget, and error free is the challenge facing practitioners today. Integrating design, analysis, fabrication, and construction in multiple disciplines through all phases of work with changes happening every day is critical for success.
Bentley’s fully integrated multidisciplinary products empower architects, structural engineers, civil engineers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, energy assessors, site designers, and other professionals to design, analyze, construct, and manage buildings of all types and scales. Each discipline-specific application provides an informed work environment to support the design and documentation process throughout all phases of the project lifecycle–from conceptual design and construction documentation to coordination and construction.
- AECOsim Building Designer – This is an interdisciplinary Building Information Model authoring tool for architectural, structural, mechanical system and electrical disciplines.
- AECOsim Energy Simulator – This is a rigorous yet intuitive application for the design, simulation and
analysis of building mechanical systems, environmental conditions and energy performance.
- Bentley Navigator – Bentley Navigator is used by infrastructure teams to review and analyze project information
- Bentley Connections Passport – Bentley Connections Passport subscriptions make licensing desktop applications and mobile apps that access a Bentley server or service easy and cost-effective.
Imaging, Point Clouds and Mapping
Municipalities, government agencies, utilities, cadastres, mapping firms, engineering consultants, and contractors rely on Bentley’s world-class mapping and geo products.
- Bentley Descartes – Bentley Descartes is the only imaging offering that is truly integrated with MicroStation for high productivity, visualization, mapping, and raster-to-vector conversion in a single product.
- Bentley Map Enterprise – Bentley Map Enterprise is a fully featured GIS that is intrinsically 3D. It is designed to address the unique and challenging needs of organizations that map, plan, design, build, and operate the world’s infrastructure.
- Bentley Pointools – Bentley Pointools supports the visualization, manipulation, animation and editing of point clouds in standalone workflows.
Bentley’s family of comprehensive road design, land development, and environment remediation applications address intensive transportation design engineering, corridor development, land development, and environmental engineering needs. Field to finish, these products go the extra mile to make maximum use of data from many different sources, extend that data to downstream processes, and preserve the information you create for the long term.
- Bentley MXROAD V8i Suite – It combines all of the power of MXROAD (an advanced, string-based modeling tool for new design of all road types) together with PowerSurvey (an all-in-one, standalone survey solution), MXRENEW (a complimentary solution that fits new design onto existing roads for rehabilitation and reconstruction), and MXURBAN (parametric design software for roads in cities and urban areas).
- Bentley PowerCivil for Country – Bentley’s PowerCivil gives engineers the flexibility to work the way they want with the power they need to complete their infrastructure projects.
Analysis and design of offshore platforms and vessels are some of the greatest technical challenges in the offshore engineering profession. To address this, Bentley proudly offers SACS and Maxsurf – a range of software proven in offshore and marine industry-specific capabilities.
- Bentley Maxsurf Enterprise – Maxsurf provides naval architects with software tools for all phases of the vessel design and analysis process.
- SACS Marine Enterprise – SACS provides offshore engineers with comprehensive analysis and design capabilities that improve infrastructure operational safety and minimize risk and ensure compliance for a broad range of structures.
- SACS Offshore Structure Enterprise – SACS is an integrated suite of software that supports the analysis, design, fabrication, and installation of offshore structures, including oil, gas, and wind farm platforms and topsides. Its ability to dynamically iterate designs allows users to perform advanced analysis, comply with offshore design criteria, and visualize complex results.
Structural engineers are continually being asked to do more, in less time, and using a disconnected workflow eats into profits quickly. Integrating analysis, design, documentation and detailing increases productivity and is critical for business growth. With RAM and STAAD on the Bentley team we offer the most comprehensive structural products anywhere.
- Pro – STAAD.Pro is the professional’s choice for steel, concrete, timber, aluminum and cold-formed steel design of virtually any structure including culverts, petrochemical plants, tunnels, bridges, piles and much more.
- STAAD Foundation Advanced – STAAD Foundation Advanced is a comprehensive foundation design program that offers the ability to model complex or simple footings.
- STAAD Global Design Code – Flexible modeling is provided by a state-of-the-art graphical environment and the design supports over 70 international codes and over 20 U.S. codes in 7 languages.
- Bentley PowerRebar – A step beyond generic CAD systems PowerRebar offers dynamic parametric design tools that can handle reinforcement arrangements of any complexity.
- RAM Concept – RAM Concept saves you precious time and money. Its finite element- based analysis provides major advantages over conventional strip methods, allowing you to handle complex floor design more accurately and with more confidence in the results.
Water and Wastewater
Bentley’s Haestad Methods Solutions continue to advance the technology standard in hydrologic and hydraulics systems analysis, design and management. These products address the complete design, build and operate lifecycle of water resources infrastructure.
- SewerGEMS – The only sanitary and combined sewer model with stand-alone, ArcGIS, and MicroStation interoperability, and two built-in dynamic engines for accuracy and compliance.
- WaterGEMS – This is a comprehensive and easy to use water distribution modeling application. It can run in MicroStation or as a standalone application.
- StormCAD – StormCAD provides comprehensive modeling for the design and analysis of storm sewer systems
- CivilStorm – Accurately model every aspect of your storm water system including rainfall, runoff, inlet capture and bypass, gravity and pressure piping, detention ponds, outlet structures, open channels, culverts, and more.
- HAMMER – Hammer is the industry’s #1 transient analysis and water hammer modeling product.
For More Information on BENTLEY Academic Programs – Bentley Institute Academic Program